DURBAN - Caught in a must-win situation in the second Test against South Africa to keep the series alive after the drubbing at Centurion, India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni exhorted his players to play "consistent cricket" befitting the World's No.1 team.
BREMEN - Hugo Almeida has agreed a move from Bundesliga club Werder Bremen to Besiktas Istanbul, the Turkish side confirmed Saturday.
SRINAGAR - The Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association (JKCA) has commenced the setting up of the first cricket academy here with assistance from the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
DURBAN - South African batsman Hashim Amla is bracing up for his maiden century at his home ground here to celebrate his 50th Test appearance.
KARACHI - Pakistan's cricket board Saturday announced that it contacted Indian Premier league (IPL) officials regarding the participation Pakistani players in the fourth edition but are yet to get a response from them.
- Zaheer’s return to boost India’s chances in Durban Test (Preview)
- Leonardo to replace Benitez as Inter Milan coach
- Pak committee fails to find clear motive behind wicketkeeper Haider’s flight to UK
- “Afridi is once again taking his bowling for granted”: Abdul Qadir
- Pak National Games participants accommodated in rail bogies in Peshawar
- Leonardo replaces Benitez as Inter Milan coach
- ‘Strictly Come Dancing’ experience gave me confidence to join TV industry: Gough
- Fairly satisfactory year for Indian cue sports (2010 in Retrospect)
- Ponting predicts ‘niggles’ to continue in Boxing Day Ashes Test
- Pak’s discarded Test fast bowler Sami fined, banned again in Quaid Trophy
- Yousuf to play league cricket in Bangladesh
- Lalit Modi gets reprieve from Bombay High Court
- Arsenal will feel Chelsea’s full force on Monday: Cole
- Strife-torn Pakistan ideal foe for Black Caps
- Fish slams ITF for Odesnik’s ban cut in hormone case
- Australia’s Ponting goes in to bat for his job
- Proteas ready for India’s Durban backlash
- Pakistan to finalise preliminary squad for World Cup 2011 on December 30
- Wellington spinner Woodcock set to make Kiwi 20-20 debut
- England footie star triggers street brawl
- PCB seeks financial documents from Akmal, Malik by December 30
- Man U on course to winning Premier League title: Park Ji Sung
- Injured McCullum ruled out of first two T20s against Pakistan
- Premier League title a three-way race this time round: Ferguson
- Ashes 2010: Sledging expected to continue
- Ashes’ ‘incredible workload’ wreaking havoc on England fast bowlers: Healy
- England refreshed and ready to retain Ashes in Boxing Day Ashes Test: Trott
- Swann was intimidated by in-form Hussey in Perth Test: Healy
- Record 90,000 fans at MCG will be electrifying: Ponting
- Ponting says fit for Boxing Day Ashes Test but won’t field in slips
- Ponting urges rejuvenated players to retain momentum for Boxing Day Ashes Test
- Anderson ‘100 per cent fit, available for selection’: Strauss
- Trott feels ‘privileged’ to play in front of record 90,000 supporters at MCG
- First hour of first day at MCG crucial to winning Boxing Day Ashes Test: Clarke
- Smith’s Test cap stolen ahead of Durban Test against India