LONDON - The organising committee of 2012 Olympic Games achieved a milestone when the first venue the velodrome, opened on Tuesday.
LAUSANNE - The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced the launch of an FIH World League in 2012 involving all the top countries and has sent out invitations to its members.
PRETORIA - World 800 metre champion Caster Semenya has said she is planning to of participate in the 1,500 metres race at next year's London Olympics.
DUBAI - Four-time champion Roger Federer brings a sense of serenity into his first start since 2008 at the Dubai Championships, with the Swiss saying Sunday he is anything but stressed after a successful start to the 2011 season.
KOCHI/RANCHI - India's star athlete P.T.Usha paid a rich tribute to Asian Games gold medallist and Arjuna awardee Suresh Babu, who passed away in a local hospital in Ranchi due to a liver disease Saturday.
- Take minnows lightly at your own peril, says Kenyan captain
- Youngest gymnast eyes medal in National Games
- NRAI asks Olympic champion Bindra to attend National Games
- Swimmer Richa Mishra now eyeing Olympic qualification
- National Games: Manipur boy helps Jharkhand win aquatics gold
- London Olympics take shape with schedule
- National Games: Chennai girl becomes youngest swimmer to win medal
- 200 arrive for Special Olympics in Himachal
- 2012 London Olympic Games under terror threat from Irish Republican groups
- Delhi’s Richa Mishra wins four golds in swimming
- Oz swimmer Klim comes out of retirement, eying Olympics comeback
- Maken grants Rs.5 crore to P.T.Usha’s athletics academy
- Phelps guns for Thorpe, wants to reverse result of 2004 Athens Games
- West Ham beat Tottenham for Olympic Stadium takeover bid
- Ecclestone ‘insulted and offended’ over questioning of value of Melbourne race
- Retirement home fire claims ex-England cricketer Trevor ‘Barnacle’ Bailey’s life
- West Ham United tipped to beat Tottenham Hotspur in London Olympic Stadium bid
- UK Olympic games should not be magnet for sex trafficking: Home Secretary
- Beijing Olympics pollution controls could cut lung cancer risk
- Hoogenband says ’special athlete’ Thorpe can win another gold in London
- Australian firm claims CWG dues
- Commonwealth Games sports facilities would be fully utilized, assures Ajay Maken
- Sports ministry forms committee for venue management
- Its 40-yrs since golf and javelin throwing was played on the moon!
- Delhi to host Champions Trophy, Olympic qualifiers
- Royal Mint planning 1K-coin weighing 1kg to mark Olympics
- Punjab players get cash rewards
- Heuvel returns to Pak to coach hockey team till 2012 Olympics after contract revision
- CWG: Infostrada refutes allegations of non-performance
- Oz sprint coach says Thorpe must shed kilos for Olympics comeback
- Ian Thorpe to return for 2012 London Olympics
- Thorpe’s comeback announcement praised and panned on Twitter
- Smriti, Sharmila star draw in Hero Honda women’s golf
- It costs states 40mn euros to win one Olympic gold medal
- Thorpe’s swimming future announcement on Wednesday