TOKYO - Frenchman Gael Monfils advanced to the Japan Open final, beating the Czech Republic's Radek Stepanek 6-3, 6-3 on Saturday.
PRATTVILLE, Ala. - Japan's Mika Miyazato shot a 9-under 63 on Friday for a share of the second-round lead in the Navistar LPGA Classic with Na Yeon Choi and Cristie Kerr.
SAITAMA, Japan - Japan defeated Argentina for the first time in an exhibition, 1-0 Friday night for its first win under new coach Alberto Zaccheroni.
NEW DELHI, India - Thursday's results at the Commonwealth Games saw the usual haul of gold medals by some of the world's top athletes - but the glory was accompanied by glitches: A large scoreboard crashed to the ground at the vacant rugby stadium and more than a dozen swimmers fell ill with a stomach virus.
NEW DELHI - More than a dozen swimmers from Australia and England have fallen ill at the Commonwealth Games in the latest setback for trouble-plagued organizers in New Delhi.
- Federer heads to Shanghai fresh from 4-week break
- Donald, McIlroy to play HSBC Champions in Shanghai
- Hamilton vows to stay aggressive at F1 Japanese GP
- NKorean gymnasts banned for teammate's false age
- Swimmers sick at Comm Games, warmup pool suspected
- Morgan scores to save 1-1 tie for US vs. China
- Aussie wrestler apologizes for rude gesture
- C'Wealth track starts on time amid transit strike
- Problems putting Comm Games officials on defensive
- Comm Games brass in damage-control mode over tix
- Roddick wins in Tokyo, defending champ Tsonga out
- Murton breaks Ichiro's Japan hits record
- India can't match high bar set by China's Olympics
- Top-ranked Rafael Nadal set for Japan Open debut
- O'Reilly helps US beat China 2-1
- Nadal upset by Garcia-Lopez in Thailand Open semis
- Nadal falters in Thailand Open semifinals
- Nieminen reaches Thailand Open final
- New Delhi goes into lockdown for C'Wealth opener
- Wozniacki defeats Dementieva in Pan Pacific final
- Boxing on the rise in China while US team rebuilds
- Nadal has easy time in gaining Thailand Open semis
- US cruises into worlds semis with rout of SKorea
- Wozniacki reaches finals at Pan Pacific Open
- Nadal breezes into Thailand Open quarterfinals
- Schiavone overpowers Date Krumm at Pan Pacific
- Vuvuzelas making a comeback, at Commonwealth Games
- US Open champ Clijsters to miss China Open
- Del Potro comeback ends in defeat at Thailand Open
- Wozniacki, veteran Date Krumm win at Pan Pacific
- Monday's Worlds Capsules
- Date Krumm beats Sharapova at Pan Pacific Open
- Alonso wins F1 Singapore GP, edges Vettel
- Alonso takes pole for Singapore GP
- Former teammates, coaches praise Suzuki's record