MACOYA, Trinidad - CONCACAF President Jack Warner says David Beckham's role with the England bid to host the 2018 or 2022 World Cup adds a "lot of weight" to the country's chances of staging the event for the second time.
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - On the edge of a ruined city of concrete and tin, fallen walls reveal what for decades was a hidden refuge: a field of well-trimmed grass.
BOISE, Idaho - A year ago, Doug Martin was focused on tackling ball carriers, chasing receivers and learning his assignments as Boise State's newest defensive back.
CINCINNATI - The fire alarm was squealing at Great American Ball Park when left-hander Aroldis Chapman walked through the dugout and stepped onto a major league field for the first time.
RIETI, Italy - Kenya's David Rudisha set a world record in the 800 meters for the second time in a week and Jamaica's Nesta Carter ran 9.78 seconds in the 100 meters at the Rieti Grand Prix on Sunday, tying American Tyson Gay for the fastest time this year.
- Mexico boots Puerto Rico from LLWS
- Ryusuke Japan beats PR to stay unbeaten at LLWS
- Hawaii, Mexico, Panama survive at LLWS
- IOC: Many countries interested in youth games
- Haiti reaches soccer semis at Youth Olympics
- Wariner sets world's fastest 400 time this year
- Gay runs 9.78 to set fastest 100 time in 2010
- Gay upsets Bolt in 100 meters in Stockholm
- Ex-Puerto Rico baseball star still working at 104
- Bolt, Gay to race in 4x100 relay at Zurich
- Puerto Rico Islanders top LA Galaxy in CONCACAF
- Haitians use soccer in Minn to move on from quake
- Olympic 100m champ tests positive for painkillers
- Bolt returns from injury to win 100 in Lausanne
- Wright, Mets beat Marlins, avoid San Juan sweep
- With Rodriguez in place, Marlins edge Mets 7-6
- Nolasco, Marlins beat Mets 10-3 in San Juan
- US defeats Dominican Republic 10-1
- Marlins' Rodriguez makes history as 1st PR manager
- Brazil proves to be irresistible at World Cup
- Giants retire No. 20 uniform of Monte Irvin
- World Cup kindles some quirky allegiances
- Heat turn eyes back toward Haitian relief
- Tigers RHP Valverde vows to never change his ways
- Jose Lima, former major league pitcher, dies at 37
- Bolt cruises to victory in 200 meters in Shanghai
- Sweeney's 2 homers lead Seattle's 15-8 rout
- MLB puts in place drug testing program in DR
- Argentina wins easily over Haiti 4-0
- Usain Bolt wins 200 in 19.56 seconds
- Puerto Rico wake features victim atop motorcycle
- Bolt dazzles at Penn Relays
- Volcano forces soccer travel by road, rail
- Anna Nordqvist wins Mojo 6
- Kerr takes top seed in Mojo 6 quarterfinals