CHICAGO - Forget the calendar still says 2010 and that the blare of the vuvuzelas has barely faded.
Spain, Germany and the Netherlands won Friday to maintain strong starts in qualifying for the 2012 European Championship, while rebuilding Italy drew 0-0 with Northern Ireland.
SAITAMA, Japan - Japan defeated Argentina for the first time in an exhibition, 1-0 Friday night for its first win under new coach Alberto Zaccheroni.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The puffy knot that obscured Clint Dempsey's left eye is almost gone, the bruise below fading to a technicolor blend of purples, blues and yellows.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - When Eric Lichaj and his brothers were little, their father would take them to soccer games at Soldier Field, the boys wearing jerseys from their parents' native Poland or those of Peter Nowak and the Chicago Fire's other Polish players.
- American by way of Germany, Jones fitting right in
- Rogge to discuss travel obstacles with Israelis
- Bradley mum on Klinsmann's claims to US job
- FIFA suspends Nigeria for government interference
- O'Reilly helps US beat China 2-1
- Mondragon in Colombia roster after 5-year absence
- Vuvuzelas making a comeback, at Commonwealth Games
- Warner praises Beckham's support for World Cup bid
- Valcke gives SAfrica World Cup glowing report
- British soccer team visits North Korea
- Middlesbrough Ladies soccer team in NKorea
- Qatar unveils flashy stadium designs for WCup bid
- Qatar unveils flashy stadium designs for 2022 WCup
- Apparent fake letters accompanied fake Togo team
- Serbia fires Antic, hires Petrovic to coach team
- Togo soccer federation: team 'completely fake'
- FIFA team inspects Qatar bid for World Cup
- Middlesbrough soccer team to tour North Korea
- Herbert to coach New Zealand for 2 more years
- WCup organizers unhappy with new ad board sizes
- Field size won't be at issue if US gets World Cup
- FIFA delegation concludes tour in Houston
- FIFA to study scrapping extra-time at 2014 WCup
- FIFA to study scrapping extra-time at World Cup
- FIFA inspectors visit White House
- Rossi returns to lineup as Italy routs Faeroes 5-0
- Argentina upsets Spain 4-1
- WCup flop France finally wins in Euro qualifying
- FIFA inspectors to visit White House
- Honduras edges El Salvador on penalty kicks
- McBride calling it a career at end of season
- FIFA hails Spain, overlooks referee errors at WCup
- Zidane returns to help boost France team's morale
- Bradley aware of mixed record of repeat coaches
- US Soccer signs Bradley to four-year extension