AHMEDABAD - New Zealand pace bowler Tim Southee has set high personal goals at the World Cup and wants to be among the top 10 wicket-takers in the event.
COLOMBO - Australia coach Tim Nielsen believes the team's World Cup form had reached its pre-tournament goals, and has reposed full faith in pacers Brett Lee, Shaun Tait and Mitchell Johnson.
BANGALORE - Indian batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar scored his fifth World Cup century during the Group B game against England at Bangalore's M.
SYDNEY - Australian fast bowlers Peter Siddle and John Hastings have emerged as frontline options to replace injured fast bowler Doug Bollinger in the World Cup team.
NAGPUR - Australia captain Ricky Ponting said Friday if his pace battery continues to perform well, the team can overcome any oppostion in the World Cup.
- Australia too good for New Zealand
- Scoreboard: New Zealand vs Australia, World Cup Group A
- McCullum, Vettori guide New Zealand to 206
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand
- Australia have the ability to handle spin, says Ponting
- Ponting denies smashing TV
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview)
- Punter avoids hit in pocket from ICC for striking TV screen in anger
- Ponting reprimanded for breaching ICC Code of Conduct
- Tackling spin still tricky for Australian batsmen: Ponting
- Ponting likely to face disciplinary hearing
- Decision not to include Hussey wouldn’t hurt Australia: Ponting
- Ponting likely to face ICC disciplinary hearing for misbehavior
- Ponting bats for ICC move to reduce World Cup playing teams
- Fit and firing Oz pace attack holds key to winning 2011 WC: Ponting
- Aussies need to perform better to make it to WC 2011 final: Ponting
- Scoreboard: Australia vs. Zimbabwe, World Cup Group A
- Scoreboard of Australia’s innings against Zimbabwe
- World Cup: Australia to bat against Zimbabwe
- Ponting backs ICC on keeping minnows out of next World Cup
- Ponting asks players to be optimistic, says Oz pace trio best in WC
- No more favourites, Australia begin their title defence Monday
- ‘Ponting must aspire to win instead of defending World Cup’, says Steve Waugh
- Australian team is worse than crisis-stricken Pakistan: Ganguly
- ‘Hungry’ Pak, West Indies can “really be dangerous teams” in World Cup 2011: Sohail
- India, South Africa favourites to win World Cup: Parore
- Rickshaw pullers turn celebrities (World Cup Diary)
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players
- World Cup opener showcases South Asian culture (Roundup)
- Side playing consistently well over next six weeks will win World Cup: Dhoni
- By the first match, we will be in good shape: Ponting
- Australian cricket on brink of West Indies-style collapse: Rixon
- Ponting ’selfish’ in batting at No.3 in World Cup warm-up game against Proteas: Hogg
- Sreesanth should not cross limit, says Dhoni
- Krejza will struggle to make impact in World Cup: Ganguly