COLOMBO - The Australian cricket team Tuesday rubbished media reports that the International Cricket Council (ICC) was investigating their opening World Cup match against Zimbabwe on potential spot-fixing.
COLOMBO - A furious Australian camp has slammed rumours that they dabbled in spot-fixing.
DUBAI - The International Cricket Council (ICC) has begun a probe of Australia's opening World Cup clash against Zimbabwe for any betting irregularities after openers Brad Haddin and Shane Watson batted slowly in the first 10 overs.
COLOMBO - Australia's coach Tim Nielsen Sunday defended his openers, saying they batted slowly when the situation demanded during their first 2011 World Cup match against Zimbabwe and accelerated superby against New Zealand in their next enocunter in Nagpur.
SYDNEY - Australian coach Tim Nielsen has defended his opening batsmen, who have been criticized for their slow scoring against Zimbabwe, saying that they did as asked and will continue to stick to their World Cup plans.
- Ponting lavishes praise on pacers
- Australia too good for New Zealand
- Scoreboard: New Zealand vs Australia, World Cup Group A
- Australia beat New Zealand by seven wickets
- McCullum, Vettori guide New Zealand to 206
- Scoreboard of New Zealand innings against Australia
- Australia opt to field against New Zealand
- Both New Zealand and Australia have a point to prove (Preview)
- Scoreboard: Australia vs. Zimbabwe, World Cup Group A
- Scoreboard of Australia’s innings against Zimbabwe
- Australia set 263-run victory target to Zimbabwe
- World Cup: Australia to bat against Zimbabwe
- No more favourites, Australia begin their title defence Monday
- World Cup teams: Strengths and key players
- Krejza’s place in final Oz XI as only spinner under threat from better batting part-timers
- All-rounders will play crucial role: Phil Simmons (Interview, World Cup Countdown)
- Oz batting collapse shows team still searching for ‘Rock’ Hussey’s replacement
- Chawla not getting carried away with his good perfromance against Australia
- Scoreboard: India vs. Australia, warm-up match
- World Cup: India opt to bat against Australia in warm-up match
- Razzaq will be one of the key performers, says Wasim
- Agassi, Harry Potter on cricketer’s reading list: Survey
- Sheffield Shield season cut would hit Australia’s Test prospects: Watson
- Australia still a force to reckon with in ODIs (Team Profile, World Cup Countdown)
- White defends resting of Clarke, Watson for final ODI against England
- Kapil, Dravid, Ganguly among CEAT award winners as best World Cup cricketers
- Watson may be second man after Ponting to win back-to-back Allan Border Medals
- White to captain Aussies for first time in ODIs
- Australia completes record run chase to beat England in Sydney ODI
- Watson says Tendulkar will make biggest impact on 2011 World Cup
- Australia beats England by 51 runs in Brisbane ODI
- I will welcome responsibility of captaining Australia: Watson
- Brisbane ODI win would be priceless for Queensland flood victims: Watson
- Time to drop ‘overburdened’ Watson down the batting order in Tests, says ex-selector
- Trott stars as England win Adelaide ODI against Australia to stay in series