OAKLAND, Calif. - Monta Ellis scored 22 points and the Golden State Warriors beat the Los Angeles Clippers 127-87 on Friday night in their exhibition debut under Keith Smart.
Things could start getting sorted out in the NFC Least, uh, East, this Sunday as all four teams in the league's most disappointing group play non-divisional games.
ATLANTA - Atlanta Thrashers goalie Ondrej Pavelec was in stable condition at a hospital Friday night after collapsing to the ice in the early minutes of the season-opening game against the Washington Capitals.
NEW YORK - The New York Mets plan to interview baseball executive Sandy Alderson next week for their vacant general manager position.
ALLEN PARK, Mich. - The Detroit Lions have offensive guard Rob Sims under contract for four more seasons.
- NFL looking into Favre allegations
- Bailey says he's losing hope of staying in Denver
- Bruins sign F Patrice Bergeron to 3-year extension
- Eberle scores 2 goals for Oilers in NHL debut
- Pettitte pitches Yankees past Twins; take 2-0 lead
- Martin scores 21 to lead Rockets past Spurs
- Pettitte puts Twins in their place, Yanks win 5-2
- Thrashers hope ex-Hawks bring winning attitude
- Moss 'back home' with Vikings
- Steve Yzerman's enjoying new gig as Lightning GM
- Family's journey helped prepare Packers S Peprah
- Peppers vs. Gross again _ only this time it counts
- McRath grateful to be back after 4-game suspension
- Moss practices with Vikings
- Pats sign Ojinnaka, add Ratliff to practice squad
- Belichick: No discipline problems with Moss
- Colts sign RB Javarris James to active roster
- Nix: Bills troubles can't be fixed 'overnight'
- Attorney: Mets' closer Rodriguez is in plea talks
- He's back: Vikings get Moss from Patriots in trade
- Raptors handle Suns 129-78
- Roy Halladay tosses second postseason no-hitter
- Devils place Salvador, Salmela on injured reserve
- Oilers loan Sheldon Souray to Hershey of AHL
- Familiar faces everywhere as Capitals open season
- Bills LB Davis practices despite sore shoulder
- Fans take loss of Moss in stride as Pats move on
- Cardinals exercise option on Pujols, Miller
- Rodgers more outspoken, but OK with no Lynch trade
- Cruz, Molina homer to support Lee against Rays
- Suspended LB Cushing practices with Texans
- Vikes get Randy Moss from Patriots in trade
- Rookie QB Hall to start for Arizona against Saints
- Porter has surgery, expected to miss 3-4 weeks
- Timing is perfect for Lichaj's first US call-up