Tour de france
A urine sample taken from three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador showed abnormally high levels of plastic residues that could indicate he received a transfusion of his own blood during this year's race, a person with knowledge of the test results told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
NEW YORK - The New York Times is reporting that Alberto Contador had eight times the allowable amount of a chemical which indicates doping in his system during this year's Tour de France, which he won for the third time.
NEW DELHI - World Anti-Doping Agency director-general David Howman says Tour de France champion Alberto Contador's positive doping test should not be taken any less seriously because only trace amounts were found.
PARIS - For Lance Armstrong, it became a tradition.
MADRID - Three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador denies that his positive test for a banned drug stems from blood doping rather than contaminated steak, his spokesman said Friday.
- Tour champion Contador tests positive, suspended
- UCI: Contador suspended for stimulant
- Spokesman: Contador tests positive for steroid
- Landis defends his role in world champs conference
- Schleck, O'Grady sent home from Spanish Vuelta
- Tour de France champ Laurent Fignon dies at 50
- 2-time Tour champion Laurent Fignon dies at 50
- Key absences mark mountain-heavy Spanish Vuelta
- Cycling chief: no contact from US investigators
- Armstrong's teammate Leipheimer wins Leadville
- Armstrong pulls out of Leadville mountain race
- Triathlete, WWII vet still nervous before races
- Trek Bicycle cooperates in cycling investigation
- Armstrong returns pro cycling to Colorado
- APNewsBreak: Armstrong returns pro cycling to Colo
- Riis: Cycling 'very clean sport'
- Tour winner Contador signs with Saxo Bank team
- Armstrong lawyers say USADA offering riders deals
- Landis in the hunt in Catskills race
- Contador to leave Astana at end of 2010
- Contador soars in Spain's super sports summer
- RadioShack to be investigated over jerseys
- Celebration, departures and a new era on the Tour
- Landis quietly leaves Oregon cycling event
- Armstrong could never leave well enough alone
- Armstrong bids Tour adieu, not the way he wanted
- Contador wins 3rd Tour, as Armstrong steps aside
- Spain's Contador wins 3rd Tour de France title
- Contador wins 3rd Tour de France; Armstrong leaves
- 'Shirtgate' delays start to last Tour stage
- 'Shirtgate' mars start to last Tour stage
- RadioShack's improper jersey stalls start to stage
- Landis rides through the Cascade Cycling Classic
- Riders embark on Tour de France time trial
- Contador nears Tour title; Cavandish wins stage