MELBOURNE - Cricket Australia's blueprint for spin reform suffered a heavy blow when Test cricket's greatest wicket-taker Muttiah Muralitharan cancelled his contract to mentor Australia's next generation of spinners at the Brisbane-based Centre of Excellence.
BANGALORE - Of the 40,000 spectators who were treated to some scintillating batting by Indian players at the Chinnaswamy stadium in a World Cup match against England here Sunday, a few hundred were the privileged ones to have walked in free with complimentary passes courtesy the International Cricket Council, the Board of Control for Cricket in India and the local organisers.
NEW DELHI - West Indies skipper Darren Sammy says the batting order will be shuffled and the team will adopt a different mindset and attitude against the Netherlands for their World Cup clash Monday.
NEW DELHI - West Indies coach Ottis Gibson Saturday refused to term their Monday's World Cup opponents, the Netherlands, as minnows and said they have already proved a point after their inspiring performance against England.
BANGALORE - England fast bowler Stuart Broad has said that Kevin Pietersen will be the key man for his team during Sunday's World Cup Group B match against India in Bangalore.
- England plan to take on India with better bowling, fielding
- Dutch should focus on improving in T20: Doeschate
- Time with Delhi Daredevils in IPL helped us beat Windies: De Villiers
- Bopara may be dropped for India tie despite timely cameo against Netherlands
- Big time cricket returns to Kotla
- Companies pad up as World Cup fever comes on
- ‘No change in Kochi IPL team’s home ground’
- ‘Ponting must aspire to win instead of defending World Cup’, says Steve Waugh
- Mithun pained by Sourav’s exit from IPL
- ODI an exciting mix of Test and T20, says Dhoni
- Coca-Cola planning to cash in on cricket World Cup fever
- India one of the better fielding sides: Rhodes (Interview, World Cup Countdown)
- DDCA rues lack of World Cup warm-up matches at Kotla
- All-rounders will play crucial role: Phil Simmons (Interview, World Cup Countdown)
- Tweaking of format robs World Cup of real suspense
- Dhoni clarifies Team India was ‘not ready mentally,’ not fatigued for Oz friendly
- May enter Bengal cricket administration someday: Sourav
- Have to play well against spin: Clarke
- Kochi names Jayawardene captain, wants Ganguly to join think-tank
- Pietersen to give up ODIs after 2011 World Cup
- Sehwag to captain Delhi Daredevils in IPL-4
- Wankhede Stadium unsafe: Activist
- Format tweaked to favour India, Pakistan, admits Shetty
- England’s Eoin Morgan ruled out of World Cup
- Ganguly backtracks on quitting, still game for IPL
- Ganguly announces retirement from all forms of cricket
- Dada bids adieu to cricket after IPL snub
- Ex-cricketers Taylor, Walters to join Aussie cricket hall of fame
- Walters reckons he’s up to T20 challenge in IPL, Big Bash
- Has Eden Gardens become a pawn in cricket board politics?
- Minnows rely on individual brilliance to cause upsets (World Cup Countdown)
- Beware of Sachin, Sehwag, Harbhajan warns opponents
- ‘The IPL Story…’ - effervescent, sizzling and racy (IANS Books)
- CA needs to implement substantial improvements to restore standards: Roebuck
- Two Pakistan umpires likely to officiate in IPL IV