EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - For those thinking the United States was near a breakthrough at the World Cup, Brazil's young, new-look team showed that the Americans still aren't close to catching up with soccer's elite.
SAN FRANCISCO - Gonzalo Higuain and Cristiano Ronaldo scored in the second half to give Real Madrid a win in coach Jose Mourinho's debut, 3-2 over Club America in an international friendly Wednesday night.
PORT ELIZABETH, South Africa - The smallest guy on the field came through with the biggest play.
BLOEMFONTEIN, South Africa - Now that Greece has scored a goal and won a match, this World Cup is a success.
JOHANNESBURG - A look at Day 31 Sunday at the 2010 World Cup (all times EDT): RESULTSSpain 1, the Netherlands 0, extra time.
- WADA recommends more EPO testing at Winter Games
- Norway's wheelchair curlers are colorful, too
- US sets medals record, Canada ties gold record
- Canadian men defeat Norway to take curling gold
- Canadian men defeat Norway to win curling gold
- US sets medals record, Canada eyes gold record
- Canada wins gold chase at Vancouver Games
- Canada's Olympic gold rush breaks 2 records
- Bode out in slalom; US medal quest in home stretch
- US breaks medal record; hockey team in gold game
- US matches medal record; hockey team in gold game
- Sweden wins 2nd straight gold in women's curling
- US hockey going for gold; Vonn bails on final race
- Vonn's Olympics end with another DNF
- Chinese women beat Swiss for curling bronze medal
- China beats Swiss, bounces back for bronze medal
- Canada beats US 2-0 for gold in women's hockey
- Canadian women blank US 2-0 to win hockey gold
- Canada curlers will play for gold at home
- Swedish women curlers go for gold again
- China beats American women 6-5 in Olympic curling
- Swedish women are rolling in curling at Olympics
- Inside the Rings: Curling? Shoot me now
- Canadian men improve to 8-0, beat US 7-2
- US men curlers all but out of contention
- US women curlers fall to Canada, change lineup
- British women lose 3rd straight in Olympic curling
- Another death around Olympics dims 'Super Sunday'
- Hockey games cap weekend full of Olympic rivalries
- US defeats Sweden in curling for 2nd straight win
- Austria's Fischbacher wins super-G; Vonn takes 3rd
- American men's curlers beat France for 1st win
- Tiger apologizes, and Olympic flame still burns
- Bode Miller leads silver-bronze for US in super-G
- US skip Shuster benched for France match