DOHA - British Prime Minister David Cameron has defended the attempted evacuation of British nationals in Libya and attacked homophobia in football.
DOHA - International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat has backed the anti-corruption tribunal's decision to ban former Pakistan skipper Salman Butt and fast bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, saying that the trio were banned on solid proof of corruption.
DOHA - International Cricket Council (ICC) Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat has expressed a hope that the findings and sanctions imposed on three Pakistan cricketers by an independent anti-corruption tribunal will act as a strong deterrent to others who may be tempted to act in a way that threatens the integrity of cricket in future.
DOHA - Tainted Pakistan cricketer Mohammad Aamir will appeal to the Court of Arbitration in Sports (CAS) in Switzerland against the five-year ban imposed on him by the International Cricket Council over spot-fixing charges, his lawyer has said.
DOHA - The Anti-Corruption Tribunal hearing the spot-fixing case has found the Pakistani trio- Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir and Mohammad Asif- guilty of corruption and imposed a ten-year, a seven-year and a five-year ban on them respectively.
- Japan defeat Australia to claim fourth Asian Cup title
- South Korea beat Uzbekistan to come third at Asian Cup
- Japan beat South Korea to reach Asian Cup final
- Yoon takes South Korea into semis, join Socceroos
- Qatar throws midfielder out of Asian Cup squad
- Defending champions Iraq through to Asian Cup quarter-finals
- Saudi Arabian coach leaves after nine days on the job
- We didn’t disgrace ourselves, says Houghton
- South Korea beat India 4-1 in Asian Cup
- Jordan coach looking to go further in Asian Cup
- Japan ease into second round at Asian Cup
- Qatar’s team of many nations marches on
- Hosts Qatar, Uzbekistan through to Asian Cup quarter-finals
- We have achieved our first goal: Iran football coach
- Organisers satisfied after first week of Asian Cup
- We conceded three silly goals, says Chettri
- Asian Cup will boost football’s profile in India: Houghton
- Australia and South Korea draw, Abdulatif gets record
- Abdullatif joins record books
- India go down 2-5 to Bahrain in AFC Asian Cup
- Australia draws with South Korea in Asian Cup
- Australian team’s appeal for flood victims
- Kuwait fined at Asian Cup, Japan fail to protest red card in time
- Japan and Jordan top Asian Cup group after victories
- Asian Cup participation can spur football in India: AFC supremo
- Qatar fined after coach Bruno Metsu refused to conduct interview
- Qatar throws group wide open with victory against China
- ICC defers spot fixing verdict on three Pakistani player
- Pak Spot Gate: ICC corruption panel says it wants more time
- Iran come from behind to beat defending champions Iraq
- North Korea miss penalty in 0-0 draw with UAE
- India upbeat despite heavy loss: Goalkeeper Paul
- Pak spot-fixing trial likely to conclude in Doha today
- Australian physique made the difference: Houghton
- Asian Cup: Australia coast to easy victory against India