A urine sample taken from three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador showed abnormally high levels of plastic residues that could indicate he received a transfusion of his own blood during this year's race, a person with knowledge of the test results told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
PARIS - Tour de France champion Alberto Contador's explanation that a suspect filet mignon caused his positive doping test is either a true story or a very clever excuse that could be hard to disprove.
NEW DELHI - World Anti-Doping Agency director-general David Howman says Tour de France champion Alberto Contador's positive doping test should not be taken any less seriously because only trace amounts were found.
MADRID - Three-time Tour de France winner Alberto Contador denies that his positive test for a banned drug stems from blood doping rather than contaminated steak, his spokesman said Friday.
PARIS - Alberto Contador's former team is backing the UCI's decision to provisionally suspend the three-time Tour de France champion after a positive drug test.
- PGA Tour lifts Barron's doping suspension
- Tour champion Contador tests positive, suspended
- UCI: Contador suspended for stimulant
- WADA widens net on performance-enhancing drugs
- Landis defends his role in world champs conference
- Drug case hits beleaguered SAfrican athletics
- WADA reports breakthrough in gene doping tests
- UCI, WADA deny tensions over biological passport
- WADA official: US cycling probe 'could take years'
- Hardy still fighting in, out of pool after ban
- Armstrong lawyers say USADA offering riders deals
- WADA head says Russia must do more against doping
- US relay runners win Olympic medals appeal
- Jones's relay runners to learn fate of 2000 medals
- US sprinters to get ruling on 2000 Olympic medals
- CAS reinstates Olympic medals for hammer throwers
- Basso wins 2nd Giro to complete return from ban
- Teams face doping tests before, during World Cup
- UCI refutes Landis claims about '01 Tour de Suisse
- Court rules for Jessica Hardy, rejects WADA appeal
- Rogge, Fahey to AP: Landis must provide proof
- US tennis player Odesnik gets 2-year doping ban
- Tennis player Odesnik gets 2-year doping ban
- Has baseball turned a corner in steroid use?
- IOC retesting Turin 2006 samples for CERA
- WADA recommends more EPO testing at Winter Games
- Minn. judge to rule Thursday in Williamses case
- Austrian athlete refuses doping test, ends career
- Liquigas defends Pellizotti after Giro ban
- Top Italian rider Franco Pellizotti gets Giro ban
- Racing seeks balance in regulating some steroids
- British Open awaits Woods entry
- ITF says Odesnik accepts voluntary suspension
- The stain on Spain is shown up again
- IAAF wants 2004 US relay team stripped of gold