DURBAN - Reigning European champions Spain reached their first World Cup final Wednesday by defeating three-time winners Germany 1-0 thanks to Carles Puyol's second half goal.
DURBAN, South Africa - David Villa had his chances.
JOHANNESBURG - Spain reached the semi-finals of the World Cup for the first time by knocking off resilient Paraguay 1-0 in a tense quarter-final match Saturday.
JOHANNESBURG - Paraguay and Spain remained tied at 0-0 after 75 minutes when both goalkeepers saved penalties.
CAPE TOWN - David Villa showed misfiring superstars Fernando Torres and Cristiano Ronaldo how it's done in Cape Town Tuesday, scoring his fourth goal of the World Cup to hand Spain a 1-0 victory over Portugal and passage into the quarter-finals.
- Villa the difference as Spain beats Portugal 1-0
- Spain, Portugal level at 0-0 in 2nd half
- Spain, Portugal level at 0-0 after 1st half
- Spain win Group H, go through with Chile
- Spain beats Chile 2-1 at WCup, both advance
- Round of 16 not so sweet for some World Cup teams
- Europe's rich clubs blamed for World Cup woes
- Villa double as Spain return to form
- Villa's goals lead Spain over Honduras 2-0
- Spain leads Honduras 2-0 at 60 minutes
- Spain leads Honduras 1-0 after first half
- Spain still hopeful after being stunned by Swiss Second lead)
- European champions Spain stunned by Swiss in Group H
- Switzerland stuns Spain 1-0 in World Cup
- Switzerland leads Spain 1-0 after 75 minutes