TBILISI, Georgia - The father of the Georgian luger killed during practice before the Vancouver Olympics angrily dismissed a coroner's report saying lack of experience played a role in his son's death.
LAKE PLACID, N.Y. - Former women's world champion Erin Hamlin and three-time Olympian Tony Benshoof are among 14 athletes who will be part of USA Luge's season-opening training camp starting Friday.
Tony Benshoof and Brian Martin are on USA Luge's national team for the fall, the surest sign yet neither is ready to retire.
Mark Grimmette's retirement from luge lasted about a month.
PARIS - The International Luge Federation's 20-page - is that all his death deserved? - report into the horrific accident that killed Georgian Olympian Nodar Kumaritashvili is exactly what was expected: a self-serving whitewash.
- Luge federation: 'No single reason' caused death
- Russia promises a safe luge track for Sochi games
- Family of killed luger will get insurance payout
- Grimmette and Martin announce retirement from luge
- 60,000 attend Winter Olympics closing ceremony
- Organizers seek upbeat end to bittersweet Olympics
- Olympic sliding touched by tragedy
- IOC president: Luger death's only part of legacy
- USA's 'Night Train' drives into bobsled history
- Inside the Rings: Be Olympian, most of all be safe
- 'Night Train' gives US 1st 4-man gold since 1948
- Canada beats US 2-0 for gold in women's hockey
- Canadian women blank US 2-0 to win hockey gold
- Americans Demong, Spillane 1-2 in Nordic combined
- Mancuso fast, not enough for giant slalom medal
- Rogge: IOC has 'moral responsibility' for death
- Track designer: No need for a second one
- Whistler track designer: Safety was top priority
- Inside the Rings: Olympians compete at own risk
- AP Interview: IOC to act on luge death tragedy
- Austria's Fischbacher wins super-G; Vonn takes 3rd
- Glitches to glory as Olympics hit halfway mark
- US bobsledder: Whistler track 'stupid fast'
- Georgians mourn Olympic luger who died in practice
- US women get 1st look at Whistler bobsled track
- Vonn off to another strong start in super-combined
- Austrian brothers win 2nd straight gold in luge
- Whistler memorial for Georgian luger moved
- See the light: Viewing ramp open for Olympic flame
- Olympic luger's body arrives in Georgia hometown
- Killed Olympic luger's body arrives in hometown
- Huefner gives Germany another gold, US struggles
- A glitch for every gold at the Vancouver Games
- Luger's body returned to hometown in Georgia
- Huefner gives Germany yet another luge gold