NEW YORK - While headlines focused this week on potential long-term risks of head injuries to pro football players, Jarek Dombrowski was just hoping to get through his school days without the headaches coming back.
WASHINGTON - The head of the NFL Players Association said Tuesday his union has differences with the NFL over how to address head injuries suffered during pro football games, but they're not fighting about it.
A football player who never competed beyond the college level suffered from a degenerative brain disease previously discovered in former NFL players.
PITTSBURGH - Hines Ward's game is partly defined by his willingness to deliver a nasty hit.
NEW YORK - The days of a football player getting his bell rung, taking a whiff of smelling salts and getting back on the field are gone.
- 3 Americans share 2009 Nobel medicine prize
- Union forms concussion committee
- Brain-donor Tatupu not fazed by NFL dementia study
- Ex-NFL players report higher rates of dementia
- Note to Tebow: Real men won't shrug off concussion
- Morey: NFL needs to aid brain, concussion research
- NFL players promise brains to concussion research
- Prostate cancer hormone drugs risky for some men
- Study: Weightlifting helps breast cancer survivors