NYON, Switzerland - European soccer's governing body barred Bayern Munich fans from displaying a Monty Python-inspired banner at Wednesday night's Champions League match, fearing the sign might offend visiting fans from the Italian club AS Roma.
NYON, Switzerland - Roque Santa Cruz converted a penalty kick in the 86th minute, giving Paraguay a 1-0 win over North Korea on Saturday in a World Cup warmup.
NYON - Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery will miss football's Champions League final after UEFA imposed a three-match ban on the France midfielder Wednesday.
NYON - Liverpool will face Benfica in the quarter-finals of the Europa League following Friday's draw at UEFA headquarters in Nyon while Atletico Madrid take on Primera Liga rivals Valencia in an all-Spanish tie.
NYON, Switzerland - AC Milan midfielder David Beckham will play former club Manchester United in the first knockout round of the Champions League.
- UEFA suspends top referee for alleged match-fixing
- UEFA names 5 clubs suspected of fixing matches
- UEFA picks experts to monitor top clubs' finances
- Adidas wins deal for Euro 2012 and 2016
- UEFA chief praises Ukraine on Euro 2012 progress
- Ex-Belgian PM to help contain Euro soccer spending
- Eduardo barred for 2 Champions League games
- UEFA orders probe into Romanian soccer riot
- UEFA bans Drogba 4 matches for referee outburst