PRETORIA - World 800 metre champion Caster Semenya has said she is planning to of participate in the 1,500 metres race at next year's London Olympics.
PRETORIA - South Africa President Jacob Zuma has said the government will soon launch a programme to thank South Africans for the role they played in making the World Cup successful.
PRETORIA - Howard Webb, the referee for Sunday's World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands, wants to ensure that all the attention on the big day falls on the players.
PRETORIA, South Africa - International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge congratulated South Africa on an "outstanding success" as host of the World Cup on Saturday.
PRETORIA - German football supremo Theo Zwanziger Friday expressed optimism that national team coach Joachim Loew will renew his contract after the World Cup while general manager Oliver Bierhoff said no talks on the issue have been held in South Africa.
- German football boss upbeat Loew will stay as coach
- Afrikaners for Dutch in WCup because of heritage
- Semenya to make comeback in Finland
- German young guns lead world football’s gen-next
- World Cup: Maradona neither genius nor clown
- SAfrica gives another hint at Olympic bid
- Paraguay goalie making up for lost time at WCup
- Messi skips training with 'cold-like symptoms'
- Messi has a cold, skips training
- Maradona unmoved by Schweinsteiger’s comments
- Messi seeks Ten Cate’s help to end goal drought
- Netherlands favourites against Brazil, says Henk Ten Cate
- Pastore: Maradona's WCup experience important
- Paraguay dedicating World Cup to Cabanas
- Superstitious Maradona has to do without routine
- Paraguay-Japan penalty kicks shootout
- Messi eyes revenge against Germany
- Paraguay advances over Japan on penalty kicks
- Paraguay beat Japan, reach quarters for first time
- Paraguay, Japan heading to penalty kicks in WCup
- Paraguay, Japan still scoreless in extra time
- Paraguay, Japan heading into extra time in WCup
- Paraguay, Japan 0-0 after 75 minutes
- Paraguay, Japan at 0-0 after hour
- Paraguay, Japan 0-0 at halftime
- Paraguay, Japan at 0-0 after 30 minutes
- Paraguay, Japan at 0-0 after 15 minutes
- Romero: Argentina is preparing for shootout
- Maradona's a man of few tactical words
- Paraguay, Japan vie for first-ever quarter-final spot
- Chile have a mountain to climb against Brazil
- World Cup flops Italy receive friendly welcome home
- My disaster team now favourites: Maradona
- Time for critics to say sorry, says Maradona
- Defender Samuel unlikely to face Mexico