LAUSANNE - The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced the launch of an FIH World League in 2012 involving all the top countries and has sent out invitations to its members.
LAUSANNE - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday confirmed a rule which does not allow doping offenders with a ban of more than six months such as the 2008 gold medallist LaShawn Merritt to compete at the next Games.
LAUSANNE - Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka quit his new family less than a year after the birth of his daughter, with Swiss media reporting that the World number 21 left home for a hotel room in late September.
MONTREUX - The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has allotted four major events to India in the next three years.
BASEL - Roger Federer faces longtime US rival Andy Roddick while Serbs Novak Djokovic and Viktor Troicki tune up for the December Davis Cup final as three top-10 players figure in semi-final play at the Swiss Indoors tennis.
- Nalbandian recovery effort continues as Djokovic advances
- Federer advances easily at home as opponent retires hurt
- Federer to start 2011 in Abu Dhabi with Nadal
- NKorean gymnasts banned for teammate's false age
- FIFA suspends Nigeria for government interference
- UCI suspends Spain's Sevilla for blood doping
- UEFA bars Bayern Munich fans' Monty Python banner
- Federer will skip Davis Cup playoffs to stay fresh
- RadioShack goes to court over Lombardy race snub
- FIFA to study scrapping extra-time at World Cup
- Rooney’s professional performance against Switzerland puts sexcapade on backburner
- England beats Switzerland 3-1 in Euro qualifier
- Problems mount for Capello’s England despite opening win
- Jimenez turns the clock back, wins European Masters
- Jimenez wins European Masters ahead of EMolinari
- Jimenez shoots 61 for lead at European Masters
- Jeev laments poor putting at Omega European Masters
- Jeev eyes top honours at Omega European Masters
- Blatter backs professional refs for 2014 World Cup
- Plushenko stripped of eligibility, out of Olympics
- Plushenko loses eligibility for failing to appeal
- UCI, WADA deny tensions over biological passport
- Swiss Indoors forced to drop tobacco sponsor
- Netherlands, Spain fined for WCup final behavior
- Cyclist Rebellin loses Olympic doping appeal
- Bolt, Gay to race in 4x100 relay at Zurich
- US relay runners win Olympic medals appeal
- Jones's relay runners to learn fate of 2000 medals
- US sprinters to get ruling on 2000 Olympic medals
- Selection Sunday: Tour shakeout looming in Alps
- Armstrong looking up as mountains loom in Tour
- Bolt returns from injury to win 100 in Lausanne
- Bolt returns from Achilles injury to win Lausanne
- Bolt may switch to other events after 2012 Games
- Defensive teams beware _ Spain has found its form