Golf great Seve Ballesteros’ latest medical tests show recovery from brain cancerBy AP
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Ballesteros’ cancer recovery going well
MADRID — Seve Ballesteros says his latest medical checks show his recovery from brain cancer is going well.
The 52-year-old Spaniard said Wednesday on his Web page that tests confirmed that an aggressive radiotherapy treatment used over the past six weeks had provided “very positive” results.
He said he’s resting after fatigue from the treatment.
Ballesteros, who won three British Open and two Masters titles, will attend the World Match Play Championship at Finca Cortesin golf course in Spain this weekend. He won the event a record five times.
Ballesteros underwent four surgeries last year to remove a malignant tumor from his brain.