LONDON - The organisers of England's failed bid to stage the FIFA World Cup in 2018 were left angry and gutted Thursday with the overriding feeling being that "sometimes the best team doesn't necessarily win".
MOSCOW - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin was set to fly to Zurich, where his country's delegation celebrated its winning bid Thursday to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
ZURICH - Russia won Thursday the right to host the 2018 FIFA World Cup while Qatar will stage the 2022 tournament.
ZURICH - Qatar will host the 2022 World Cup, FIFA's executive committee voted Thursday.
ZURICH - Russia will host the 2018 World Cup, it was announced Thursday after it won a vote by FIFA's executive committee.
- Sanjay tied second on a good first day for home golfers
- Pak likely to continue with Intikhab as cricket coach on NZ tour
- Injured Gill faces tough task in K-1000 Rally
- K-1000, a jinxed Rally
- AIFF chief Patel ‘congratulates’ Colaco
- Tiger Woods says he’s very excited about the future
- Beauty secret question makes Becks blush!
- PCB dropped ‘tainted’ players from NZ tour over fears of ICC backlash: Source
- Chautala slams SAI, BCCI
- Ponting upset with selection panel over Johnson’s omission
- Indoor cricket coach in Australia slept with 14-yr-old girl club member
- Gambhir retained as captain for rest of New Zealand series
- ‘In form’ Kamran, Malik disappointed over exclusion from Test, T20 squads for NZ tour
- ‘Big call’ by Australians to drop Johnson: Strauss
- Sharath, Subhajit qualify for ITTF Pro Tour Grand Finals
- Kolkata HIV patients play soccer to celebrate World Aids Day
- Hilfenhaus facing possible axe for Adelaide Test
- Watson was under-bowled at Gabba, is crucial to Oz attack: Blewett
- Pietersen labels Adelaide groundsmen “pathetic
- Oz bowling attack is the worst in 30 years: Thomson
- Adelaide won’t be the same as Brisbane, feels combative Strauss
- Ashes 2010: Strauss says England not complacent ahead of second Test
- Media bashed Ponting looking to turn things around in Adelaide Oval Test
- Ponting challenges Barmy Army to turn out in droves
- Man U youngsters not upto scratch: Ex-full-back
- England must block out 2006 Ashes nightmare: Gillespie
- Fuming Putin accuses England of ‘dirty tricks’ before 2018 World Cup bid
- Hamilton impressed by 2011 McLaren Formula One car
- Vettori blames Kiwi bowlers’ profligacy for Jaipur ODI rout against India
- Gautam Gambhir Returns To Form
- Strauss questions Johnson’s axing for second Ashes Test
- Ponting confirms ‘poor form’ behind Johnson’s axing for second Ashes Test