Tottenham Hotspur still has chances of signing Beckham: RedknappBy ANI
Monday, January 10, 2011
LONDON - England midfielder David Beckham’s on-off three-month loan move to Tottenham Hotspur is back on again, according to manager Harry Redknapp.
When Redknapp arrived at White Hart Lane on Sunday, he had virtually given up all hope of signing Beckham when he revealed: “It’s 99 per cent that he won’t be joining us.”
However, after a brief chat with chairman Daniel Levy ahead of the FA Cup third-round mach against Charlton Athletic, Redknapp said: “It’s being done above my head. Hopefully, it could still happen. The situation is ongoing.”
One of the obstacles for Tottenham Hotspur is believed to be Beckham’s signing amount.
However, Redknapp said: “That’s what I was led to believe, but apparently that’s not the case.”
According to the Sun, Beckham will have a medical test today at Tottenham Hotspur’s training ground, and will take part in a proper training session from Tuesday.
If the deal between Beckham and Tottenham Hotspur goes through, it would be the first time that the 35-year-old will be playing for an English club since he left Manchester United to join Real Madrid in 2003.
Beckham, who had spent the last two Major League Soccer (MLS) close seasons on loan at AC Milan, had earlier confirmed that his move to the Italian club would not happen again. (ANI)