2009 Mls Cup
BRISTOL, Conn. - Ruud Gullit didn't take long to realize he was the wrong man to coach David Beckham and the Los Angeles Galaxy.
SEATTLE - They were railed and criticized for reaching the championship of Major League Soccer despite a losing record in the regular season.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Real Salt Lake advanced to its first MLS Cup final by beating the Chicago Fire 5-4 on penalty kicks after 120 scoreless minutes in the Eastern Conference final Saturday night.
CARSON, Calif. - Gregg Berhalter and Landon Donovan scored in overtime to put the Los Angeles Galaxy into MLS Cup final with a 2-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Friday night.
CARSON, Calif. - Landon Donovan sent the Los Angeles Galaxy to the Western Conference finals by burying a 73rd-minute penalty for a 1-0 victory over Chivas USA on Sunday night.
- Real Salt Lake eliminates Columbus
- Salt Lake blanks defending MLS Cup champion Crew
- Sounders, Dynamo play 0-0 draw in playoff opener
- Revolution earn playoff spot, beat Crew in finale
- Fire beat Chivas USA 1-0 to clinch playoff spot
- Sounders buck trend of MLS expansion flops
- MLS season down to the wire
- Donovan wins Honda award as player of year
- Real Salt Lake beats Red Bulls 2-0
- LA Galaxy boss wants Beckham loan done
- Beckham confident he'll play against Fire