BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The puffy knot that obscured Clint Dempsey's left eye is almost gone, the bruise below fading to a technicolor blend of purples, blues and yellows.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - When Eric Lichaj and his brothers were little, their father would take them to soccer games at Soldier Field, the boys wearing jerseys from their parents' native Poland or those of Peter Nowak and the Chicago Fire's other Polish players.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Jermaine Jones blended right in, chatting with Steve Cherundolo and Michael Bradley during a warmup jog and finding his new American teammates with smooth, effortless passes.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - U.S. coach Bob Bradley would rather do his job than talk about the intrigue surrounding it.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - Omar Gonzalez headed in a corner by Landon Donovan in the 90th minute Saturday, allowing the Los Angeles Galaxy to salvage a 1-1 tie against the short-handed Chicago Fire.
- McBride calling it a career at end of season
- Casey's goal gives Rapids 2-2 against Fire
- Husidic, Pappa lead Fire past Union
- FC Dallas and Fire play to 1-1 draw
- Opara's header leads Earthquakes past Fire
- Real Salt Lake reaches first MLS Cup final
- Fire beat Chivas USA 1-0 to clinch playoff spot
- McBride's late goal gives Fire 2-2 draw
- Crew tie Fire
- Fire rally from two down, stun Rapids 3-2
- Magee leads Beckham-less Galaxy past Fire 2-0
- Tigres win SuperLiga title
- Nyarko lifts Fire past Real Salt Lake, 1-0
- Hesmer's 11 saves give Crew 0-0 tie with Fire
- Pulido leads Tigres UANL over Fire 2-1
- Chicago closes in on SuperLiga semis
- Holden's goal enough to keep Houston rolling