OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Endene Miyem scored 14 points and Celine Dumerc added 13 to help France beat Belarus 58-48 Monday at the women's basketball world championship.
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - It would have been easy for the U.S.
LONDON - India's potential for hosting future Olympics should not be written off before giving embattled New Delhi organizers a chance to pull off the Commonwealth Games with a "last-ditch" effort, IOC president Jacques Rogge said in an interview Friday.
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Lauren Jackson and Kristi Harrower each scored 13 points and Australia made its first eight shots en route to a 72-47 victory over Canada on Thursday at the women's basketball world championship.
OSTRAVA, Czech Republic - Despite winning seven NCAA titles at Connecticut, Geno Auriemma admitted he was nervous before coaching his first world championship game.
- US faces a navigable road at basketball worlds
- Compelling round of 16 at basketball worlds
- US learning on the fly at world championships
- Greece appeal fails, basketball suspensions stand
- Serbia coach Ivkovic devastated by suspensions
- Greece coach Kazlauskas slams FIBA punishment
- No trace of Beijing for US basketball in Turkey
- Serbia's Nenad Krstic banned 3 games after brawl
- US beats Greece 87-59 in last game before worlds
- US beats Greece 87-59 in exhibition game
- Rondo withdraws from team USA
- Serbia's Krstic fears FIBA punishment after brawl
- US loses Youth Olympic basketball bronze to Greece
- Spain brushes off worlds favorite tag
- Bench-clearing brawl ends Acropolis tournament
- Piraeus Bank seeks stake in state banks
- Greek FA confirms Rehhagel resignation
- After missing out on World Cup, Adu looks to 2014
- Argentina beats Greece 2-0 at World Cup
- Argentina, Greece level at 0-0 after 75 minutes
- Argentina, Greece level at 0-0 after 60 minutes
- Argentina, Greece level at 0-0 after 45 minutes
- Argentina, Greece tied at 0-0 after 30 minutes
- Argentina and Greece tied 0-0 after 15 minutes
- Africans fail to shine at continent's first WCup
- Moving Day: 4 teams will advance Tuesday
- Nigeria seeks protection for Kaita
- After 1st World Cup win, Greece eyes Argentina
- Argentina shines again, Greece, Mexico win
- Greece beats 10-man Nigeria 2-1
- Greece leads 2-1 against Nigeria after 75 minutes
- Greece, Nigeria at 1-1 after 60 minutes
- Greece, Nigeria at 1-1 at halftime
- Nigeria leads Greece 1-0 after 30 minutes
- Nigeria takes 1-0 lead over Greece