LAUSANNE - The International Hockey Federation (FIH) announced the launch of an FIH World League in 2012 involving all the top countries and has sent out invitations to its members.
LAUSANNE - Ghana's Olympic Committee was Thursday suspended by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) over government interference in sports affairs.
LAUSANNE - The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Wednesday confirmed a rule which does not allow doping offenders with a ban of more than six months such as the 2008 gold medallist LaShawn Merritt to compete at the next Games.
LAUSANNE - Swiss Stanislas Wawrinka quit his new family less than a year after the birth of his daughter, with Swiss media reporting that the World number 21 left home for a hotel room in late September.
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - North Korea's gymnasts have been suspended from the world championships starting next week because one team member's age had been falsified.
- RadioShack goes to court over Lombardy race snub
- Plushenko stripped of eligibility, out of Olympics
- Plushenko loses eligibility for failing to appeal
- Cyclist Rebellin loses Olympic doping appeal
- US relay runners win Olympic medals appeal
- Jones's relay runners to learn fate of 2000 medals
- US sprinters to get ruling on 2000 Olympic medals
- Bolt returns from injury to win 100 in Lausanne
- Bolt returns from Achilles injury to win Lausanne
- Bolt may switch to other events after 2012 Games
- AP interview: IOC envisages sport betting watchdog
- Rogge to discuss possible SAfrican Olympic bid
- IOC accepts all 3 candidates for 2018 Winter Games
- All 3 bid cities make cut for 2018 Winter Games
- 3 cities set to make final list for 2018 Olympics
- CAS reinstates Olympic medals for hammer throwers
- Swiss crack down on Texas hold 'em matches
- Court rules for Jessica Hardy, rejects WADA appeal
- Former UCI head dismisses Landis doping claims
- Rogge, Fahey to AP: Landis must provide proof
- US relay team appeals to CAS in Marion Jones case
- Pechstein loses last appeal to race at Olympics
- Rogge: No tolerance for doping in Vancouver
- IOC's Rogge: No tolerance for doping in Vancouver
- El Moutawakel to monitor Rio's 2016 preparations
- Lambiel says he can win Olympic skating gold
- India to begin hockey World Cup campaign against Pak
- Gymnasts suspected of being underage have hearing
- Gasquet wins CAS court ruling, avoids tennis ban
- Swimmer Hardy's doping hearing set for March
- CAS sets dates to hear 2 Valverde doping cases
- Thanou sends letter to IOC contesting medal snub
- Olympic canoeist banned 2 years for doping
- London venue changes could save $30 million
- IOC approves cycling changes, tennis mixed doubles