HAMBURG - Germany have firmly established themselves as serious World Cup football title contenders after the latest big win, 4-0 over Argentina in the quarter-finals Saturday.
CAPE TOWN - German coach Joachim Loew hailed his team's ruthless 4-0 demolition of Argentina Saturday and said a fourth World football Cup title is now within reach.
CAPE TOWN - Germany's young guns Saturday humbled Argentina 4-0 with a display of incisive football in the Green Point Stadium here to book a berth in the World Cup semi-finals.
CAPE TOWN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel called the nation's 4-0 World Cup football quarter-final demolition of Argentina Saturday "overwhelming" and "a dream." Speaking to ZDF television from Cape Town, where she attended the game, Merkel said "Germany has done something wonderful today." "It was overwhelming.
CAPE TOWN - In 1986, Argentina beat Germany in the final of the World Cup football in Mexico 3-2 to win their second title after 1978.
- Young German side humbles Maradona’s Argentina 4-0
- World Cup: Germany beats Argentina, 4-0
- Klose joins elite German club with 50th international goal
- Germany demolish England 4-1
- Germany beats England 4-1 in World Cup
- Germany leads England 4-1 after 75 minutes
- Germany leads England 2-1 after 60 minutes
- Serbia beats 10-man Germany 1-0 at World Cup
- Serbia leads Germany 1-0 after 75 minutes
- Serbia leads 10-man Germany 1-0 at halftime in card-strewn Group D match at World Cup
- Germany beats 10-man Australia 4-0 at World Cup
- Germany leads Australia 4-0 after 75 minutes
- Germany leads Australia 2-0 after 60 minutes