CHICAGO - Forget the calendar still says 2010 and that the blare of the vuvuzelas has barely faded.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - When Eric Lichaj and his brothers were little, their father would take them to soccer games at Soldier Field, the boys wearing jerseys from their parents' native Poland or those of Peter Nowak and the Chicago Fire's other Polish players.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - U.S. coach Bob Bradley would rather do his job than talk about the intrigue surrounding it.
Juventus was stunned by Lech Poznan's stoppage-time equalizer, defending champion Atletico Madrid lost at Aris, and Liverpool comfortably beat Steaua Bucharest to open the Europa League group stage on Thursday.
NEWARK, N.J. - Heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek continued his pursuit of a title fight by defeating Michael Grant by unanimous decision Saturday night at the Prudential Center.
- Torres scores in return as Spain routs Poland 6-0
- Brazil wins WCup warmup but has injury scare
- Wozniacki retires hurt, doubtful for French Open
- Wozniacki retires, Li Na advances in Warsaw Open
- Alona Bondarenko, Dulgheru advance in Warsaw Open
- Koren, Dedic, Handanovic head Slovenia roster
- Adamek earns majority decision over Arreola
- Magic make James-less Cavs disappear, 98-92
- Test confirms Polish skier Marek doped at Olympics
- Polish skier tests positive for EPO at Olympics
- Poland's Kowalczyk wins women's 30K cross-country
- Adamek beats Estrada in heavyweight fight
- Davydenko coming into his own at Australian Open
- Gasol, Spain beat Serbia to win Eurobasket title
- Spain beats Serbia to win Eurobasket title
- Spain beats Greece to reach Eurobasket final
- Parker's 28 leads France past Turkey at Eurobasket
- Greece, Slovenia reach European basketball semis
- Serbia upsets Russia to move into Euro semis
- Spain, Serbia clinch spots in Eurobasket quarters
- Gasol leads Spain past Lithuania 84-70
- Turkey beats Spain 63-60 at Eurobasket
- France defeats Russia at Euro basketball worlds
- Grant wins lightweight single sculls at worlds
- Sport's high court hears Polish canoeist's appeal