Latin America And Caribbean
SAITAMA, Japan - Japan defeated Argentina for the first time in an exhibition, 1-0 Friday night for its first win under new coach Alberto Zaccheroni.
LA PAZ, Bolivia - President Evo Morales kneed an opposing player in the groin during a soccer match against a team of political rivals after an apparent hard foul by the opponent, images of the altercation broadcast Monday show.
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - U.S. coach Bob Bradley would rather do his job than talk about the intrigue surrounding it.
MILAN - Inter Milan center back Ivan Cordoba has been diagnosed with a muscle strain in his left leg and will miss Colombia's exhibitions against Ecuador and the United States.
LAS CRUCES, N.M. - Kellen Moore doesn't make the schedule.
- Mondragon in Colombia roster after 5-year absence
- Municipal beats Columbus 2-1
- Mexico federation rejects player demands
- Monday's Worlds Capsules
- Warner praises Beckham's support for World Cup bid
- Fields of grass, soup kitchens at risk in Haiti
- Thursday's Worlds Capsules
- USA aiming for gold at women's basketball worlds
- US to play at Chile in 1st round of 2011 Davis Cup
- USA aims to reclaim gold at women's hoops worlds
- Fish victory keeps US in World Group
- No. 14 Utah spurts to 56-14 victory vs. NMexico
- US wins doubles and takes 2-1 lead over Colombia
- France reaches Davis Cup final
- Giraldo beats Querrey to tie Davis Cup at 1-1
- Fish defeats Falla to give US 1-0 lead
- UCI suspends Spain's Sevilla for blood doping
- Saprissa beats Sounders 2-0
- Argentina beats Russia 73-61 at worlds
- Lithuania tops Argentina 104-85 to gain 1st semis
- Batista gets Argentina job until end of year
- Argentina upsets Spain 4-1
- Honduras edges El Salvador on penalty kicks
- No. 11 Oregon blows out New Mexico, 72-0
- Compelling round of 16 at basketball worlds
- Broncos tailback makes transition from defense
- Serbia upsets Argentina to win Group A at worlds
- US learning on the fly at world championships
- Reds LH Chapman arrives with 100 mph fastball
- Lesson learned, US will need more from its subs
- US survives test, holds on to edge Brazil 70-68
- Rudisha sets another 800 world record
- Margarito gets Texas license, fight with Pacquiao
- No trace of Beijing for US basketball in Turkey
- Neri Cardozo leads CF Monterrey past Sounders, 2-0