Haddin says he never doubted his chances of Oz Test comebackBy ANI
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
SYDNEY - Australian wicketkeeper Brad Haddin has said that he never once believed that his position behind the stumps was under threat despite Tim Paine’s impressive performances during tours to England and India.
Thursday’s Ashes series opener in Brisbane will mark Haddin’s reclaiming of the Test wicketkeeping role for the first time since the March tour to New Zealand.
The 33-year-old had been ruled out for six months due to a serious elbow injury.
“No doubt ever came in my mind. The only thing that I was thinking about was getting back to playing cricket 100 per cent fit,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Haddin, as saying.
“I spent 10 years behind Adam Gilchrist, so I’m not one to sit back and analyze what other wicketkeepers are doing. My only focus was making sure I could get back and handle the load of playing cricket,” he added.
Haddin, who has never experienced an Ashes series victory, further said that the importance of the series for Australian cricketers was unrivalled and he could not be any better prepared for it.
“I think my glovework now is really good. I feel at the top of my game and things are moving in the direction I want them to move,” Haddin said. (ANI)