Tendukar scores 50th Test century (Statistical highlights)By IANS
Sunday, December 19, 2010
CENTURION - India’s star batsman Sachin Tendulkar Sunday became the first batsman to score 50 Test centuries.
Tendulkar, 37, reached this milestone on the fourth day of the first Test against South Africa. It was Tendulkar’s sixth century against South Africa and is first to do so in India-South Africa Tests.
Other statistics of Tendulkar:
* He is the only batsman to aggregate 1,000 runs or more in a calendar year six times.
* His tally of 96 international hundreds, including 46 hundreds is a record.
* Apart from his record centuries in Tests as well as ODIs, his run-aggregate in both formats are world records - Tests - 14,508 (ave.56.89) in 175 Tests.
* Highest run-aggregate in ODIs - 17,598 in 442 ODIs at an average of 45.12.
* He has appeared in 175 Tests - the most played by any batsman.
* Most runs away from home - 7,961 (ave.56.86) in 96 Tests.
* Most centuries away from home - 28.
* The only player to appear in 600 international games - 618.
* The only player to post 20 innings of 150-plus.
* Holds an Indian record for top-scoring 47 times in a completed Indian innings.
* With six double hundreds, he shares the Indian record with Virender Sehwag.