Amid all the negative news of corruption, scams and tape leaks over the last few weeks there was some cheer in the performance of the Indian squad in Guangzhou, where young athletes competed, won medals and received a rousing welcome on their return home. The homecoming - from Gurusarsahai and Bhiwani in the north to Calicut and Chalakudy in the south; from Savpada in the west to Ratu Chati in the east - was euphoric.
PARIS - Spanish midfielders Andres Iniesta and Xavi and Argentina's Lionel Messi have been chosen as the candidates for the 2010 Ballon d'Or award as best player of the year.
LONDON - Disgraced sprinter Marion Jones said she didn't deserve a prison term in connection with a doping affair and didn't know she was using performance-enhancing substances at the time.
LONDON - Myanmar's military junta considered making a billion-dollar bid to buy Manchester United, it has emerged.
LONDON - Mark Webber drove the last four races of the Formula One season with a broken shoulder, the Red Bull driver has revealed.
- India-New Zealand 4th ODI in Bangalore on Tuesday
- Formula 1 to Adopt New Engines by 2013
- Serbia Bags the Davis Cup beating France
- Sports ministry eyeing 10 medals at London Olympics
- Graeme McDowell rose to 7th in ranking in the World of Golf
- Snow Disrupting Football Schedule in UK
- Barcelona’s Xavi, Messi and Iniesta Selected for Fifa Ballon d’Or Award
- India looking to extend winning run in Bangalore ODI
- Dwayne Bowe Gets Zero Catches
- Hussey backs North to fire on final day of Adelaide Test
- England’s Football Association Chairman quits over 2018 World Cup bid row
- Aus Vs Eng: Day 4 Updates
- Asiad performance shows the depth in Indian tennis: Bhupathi
- PCB selector Ilyas resigned over Fawad Alam’s selection
- Injured Katich doubtful for third Ashes Test in Perth
- Australia lost 2022 World Cup bid due to playing it ‘clean’: Consultant
- Qatar upbeat about World Cup 2022, but worried about finances
- Terrell Suggs Says NFL Is Biased
- Bowl Schedule Fixed For 2011
- Haider’s threats to expose corrupt worries PCB
- England edge closer to Adelaide Test win
- FIFA’s voting panel should have been given bid money directly: Blackpool boss Holloway
- Pietersen is destined to be England’s first great cricketer since Botham: Roebuck
- Eboue lands himself in marital doghouse after dancing at Drogba’s charity do
- Australia hasn’t been able to sustain pressure on England: Watson
- Aware of Putin’s missive, Abramovich may pay up for Russia, not Chelsea
- 2011 World Cup is not beyond ’struggling’ Kiwis: Vaughan
- Vettori urges Black Caps to ’stay positive’ despite India ODI series loss
- UK-based bookmaker denies reported ‘Haye scam’
- Is Becks trying to hide his bald patch?
- Kiwis need a string of wins to turn poor one-day form around: Richardson
- Cricket South Africa says sorry over announcing Gibbs contract end prematurely
- Ancelotti says feeling the heat to save his Blues job
- Don’t blame pitches for Australia’s woes in Ashes series: Gabba curator
- England FA sees Tottenham boss Redknapp as one of Capello’s successors
- Fuming Tevez takes on Man City boss Mancini over being subbed
- Shaun Marcum Heading For Milwaukee Brewers?
- Sunday of home wins leaves Villarreal, Espanyol well placed
- Gator Bowl To Hit On January 1
- Serbia celebrates first Davis Cup title
- Brett Lee Rules Out Test Return
- Jayson Werth To Play For Washington Nationals