HAMBURG - SV Hamburg has told striker Ruud van Nistelrooy he won't be allowed to leave the club for Real Madrid.
HAMBURG - Ukrainian WBC champion of the world Vitali Klitschko has retained his heavyweight title with an unanimous points victory over challenger Shannon Briggs.
HAMBURG - Germany midfielder Sami Khedira is flattered by Real Madrid's interest and fascinated by their new coach Jose Mourinho, but he is yet to decide whether to leave VfB Stuttgart.
HAMBURG - Joachim Loew Tuesday renewed his contract as Germany's coach until Euro 2012, less than a fortnight after leading a young and widely acclaimed team to third place at the football World Cup.
HAMBURG - The German football website transfermarkt.de has calculated the value of the 23-man German squad at the World Cup, which ended on Sunday, to be 332.5 million euros (426.7 million dollars) The website said that the value of the team increased during the World Cup by 13.7 per cent, with Thomas Mueller experiencing the biggest increase, while Mario Gomez's value fell the most.
- WTA rankings: Serena Williams’ reign continues
- Thierry Henry set for US move
- Bremen expect World Cup stars Oezil, Mertesacker to stay
- US Under-17 team advances to title game
- US beats Australia to reach U17 semifinals
- Olympic champ Fraser suspended over doping
- Silence over Germany as World Cup title dream ends
- Ballack will not join Germany captaincy debate
- Most Germans confident of World Cup title
- Nadal increases ATP rankings lead with Wimbledon trophy
- Wimbledon champ Serena Williams commands WTA rankings
- Germany among top title contenders after latest big win
- India go down to Netherlands 3-6 in Hamburg Masters hockey
- Germans perfect in World Cup shootouts
- Germany’s delight and England’s hangover
- England not amused by Beckenbauer criticism
- World Cup 2010 a family affair
- Ballack: From swinging London to the German provinces?
- Webber gets a new Red Bull deal for 2011
- Klinsmann hopes for World Cup with heart and pride
- Nadal back on top in ATP rankings after Paris triumph
- Nigeria’s Mikel out of World Cup
- Premier League rules World Cup pitches
- Switzerland looking to rebound in World Cup (Group H team profile)
- Debutant Slovakia will be surprise package (Group F team profile)
- A young German team is one of the favourites (Group D team profile)
- Van Marwijk cuts final 4 from squad
- Atletico wins Europa League; Dempsey in final
- Atletico aiming to avoid overconfidence vs. Fulham
- Van Nistelrooy left out of Dutch World Cup roster
- Germany’s Loew seeks feeling of trust over contract
- 2 newcomers in Germany squad for World Cup
- Fulham reach Europa League final against Atletico
- Fulham reach Europa League final
- Volcano forces soccer travel by road, rail