DOHA - Ace striker Sunil Chettri blamed the defence as India suffered a 2-5 loss against Bahrain in their second Asian Cup Group C match at the Al Sadd Stadium here Friday.
MELBOURNE - Lleyton Hewitt defeated Gael Monfils 7-5, 6-3 Saturday to win the Kooyong Classic, capping a perfect scenario for his first appearance at the Australian Open tuneup event.
DOHA - Despite a 2-5 whipping against Bahrain, India's chief football coach Bob Houghton praised the side's indomitable spirit and said the Asian Cup experience will boost the game's profile in the country.
SYDNEY - Noted cricket commentator Peter Roebuck reckons that the Australian team and management is not prepared for next month's 50-over World Cup in the Indian sub-continent.
- Akram backs PCB’s decision to retain Afridi as Pak ODI skipper
- Oz cricketers attending breakfast functions ahead of Tests ’supreme error of judgment’
- Federer tips Nadal to win Australian Open
- Indian sub-continent will be ready to host World Cup: Lorgat
- Collingwood says Twenty20 loss won’t hurt England’s momentum against Aussies
- Spot-fixing verdict on Pak cricketers would not affect World Cup: ICC chief
- Over 38,000 to run in bigger, better Mumbai Marathon
- Dundee United footballers questioned over ’serious sexual assault’