BRISTOL - Sri Lankan off-spinner Muttiah Muralitharan will play Twenty20 cricket for Gloucestershire.
ESSEX - A fire at a retirement home in Westcliff, Essex, claimed the life of former England cricketer Trevor Bailey on Thursday.
CORNWALL - There are mismatches in football and then there are humiliations and one Cornish team has been well and truly embarrassed after losing by 55 goals to nil.
BLACKBURN - Anuradha J. Desai, the chief of the Indian conglomerate Venkys, which specialises in poultry farming, has confirmed the acquisition of English Premier League (EPL) football club, Blackburn Rovers.
Southampton (UK), Sept.23 (ANI): Irishman Eoin Morgan unbeaten 107 and Paul Collingwood's 47 helped England beat Pakistan by 121 runs to win the one-day series 3-2 on Wednesday.
- England set 118 to win second Test against Pakistan
- ICC referee charges ‘Bad boy’ Broad for hurling ball at Pak keeper
- Waqar concerned over use of swinging Dukes cricket balls
- Narain wins at Brands again
- Collingwood scoffs at ‘overrated’ Pak bowling attack
- Aussies in fourth place in ICC rankings after loss to Pak
- Playing on Indian pitches not good preparation for Ashes: Ponting
- Pak has potent pace attack to beat England: Butt
- Ponting’s decision to bat ’shocking’: Umar Gul
- Retiring Koertzen concedes umpiring was difficult, but pressure improved skills
- Barmy Army should turn out for this year’s Ashes: Ponting
- Ponting backs senior Hauritz ahead of ‘work in progress’ Steve Smith
- Hussey says Oz players motivated to perform due to Ashes lure
- North wants to chip in with bat before ball
- Butt did not expect Afridi to retire, but pleads for patience
- Injured UK Premier League footie fan dies in hospital
- Ex-Kiwi skipper Crowe formulating knockout Test championship
- Ponting warns England that there is more to come from his blade
- Ponting believes more players will be going freelance
- Ponting’s 27th ton helps Australia beat England in fifth ODI
- Strauss reveals how he plotted downfall of Australia’s big three in Oval Test
- Oz middle order bat Ferguson’s cool head enhancing his reputation
- Lee determined to forge on despite selectors fitness faux pax
- England have lost their X-factor without Flintoff, says Lee
- Lee says will up his pace against England in remaining ODIs
- Aussies hold momentum in ODI series against England, says Lee
- Hussey admits pressure is on him to perform
- Katich looking to nail the Ashes at The Oval
- Brit fans taunted Strauss as England plunged to disastrous defeat
- Desperate Flintoff to meet surgeon today to see if he can play at The Oval
- Ashes: Strauss calls for calm reflection after Leeds drubbing
- North’s long wait for baggy green pays off
- Clark set to wreak more havoc in Ashes series with his McGrath-like qualities
- Oz ‘Fanatics’ claim responsibility for fire prank on English team
- Broad calls England’s batters ‘brainless’