KOLKATA - Smriti Mehra, India's leading women's professional player, and 19-year-old Sharmila Nicollet, the current leader on the Hero Honda Womens Professional Golf Tour, will be the star attractions in the ninth leg of the Tour at the Tollygunge Club beginning Wednesday.
NEW DELHI - New sports minister Ajay Maken Tuesday said the government will come out with a National Sports Development Legislation that would force the sports federations to come down hard to age cheaters, dope offenders and handle cases of sexual harassment strictly.
MUMBAI - Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni Tuesday said the team has always performed under pressure and it will be no different in the upcoming World Cup at home starting Feb 19.
JOHANNESBURG - Indian tennis star Somdev Devvarman moved into the second round of the ATP South African Open with a straight set win over Raven Klaasen.
RANCHI - Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who is yet to graduate from college, will be awarded an honorary degree by his home state Jharkhand, the state's Human Resource Minister Baidyanath Ram said here Tuesday.
- Indian team wants to win World Cup for Tendulkar (Team Profile, World Cup Countdown)
- Sting WWE Return Creates Mystery
- Playing at home motivates me: Virender Sehwag (Interview) (World Cup Countdown)
- Kayla Collins says Ashley Cole is a sweet guy
- Misbah stars as Pak beat Kiwis by two wickets in fourth ODI to lead series 2-1
- It costs states 40mn euros to win one Olympic gold medal
- CWG has cleared dues of 36 foreign vendors, part payment for nine withheld
- Thorpe’s swimming future announcement on Wednesday
- Aston’s Pires wants revenge against Man U’s Neville
- Sri Lanka board ex-chief urges Pawar to reconsider Eden
- ‘We won’t be considered as underdogs’: Dhoni
- World champion Vettel unveils new Red Bull F1 car
- Australia’s Thorpe set for London Olympics comeback
- Chelsea to meet Uefa’s 2013 ’solvency eligibility’ rules despite 70.9 million pounds loss
- Murray says he is no choker
- Chelsea buys Benfica defender David Luiz for 21.5 million pounds
- Liverpool boss Dalglish warns Torres ‘clubs will always be bigger than superstars’
- Rotation taking a toll of Black Caps: Vettori
- Ryder now more circumspect with his tweets
- Tiger Woods’ signature golf course project in Dubai suspended
- CA plans city-based T20 to reduce dependence on Indian finances
- Boos from small minority can’t undermine Clarke’s popularity with Oz public: CA
- Zaheer Abbas finds it “difficult to see Pakistan among top four” in World Cup 2011
- Thorpe must decide soon on international swimming comeback plans: Coach
- Durham’s Plunkett called in as pace bowling cover for England
- Scot golfer hits two holes-in-one, in half a round
- PCB most likely to retain Afridi as Pak captain for World Cup 2011
- Watson says Tendulkar will make biggest impact on 2011 World Cup
- PCB to name Pak captain for World Cup 2011 on February 4: Ijaz Butt
- Cricket minnows arrive in Dubai to hone skills ahead of World Cup
- Tait proves fitness, Ferguson added to Oz squad for ODIs against England
- Torres ‘big club’ dig at Liverpool
- Chelsea buys Torres in British record transfer deal
- Wally Judge Leaves Kansas State Wildcats