RANCHI/NEW DELHI - After being sacked as the Chairman of Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, a defiant Suresh Kalmadi on Monday refused to comment on the matter, but made it clear that he will not step down from his other post of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President.
MUMBAI - With an aim to promote better infrastructure facilities in rural schools, cricketer Sachin Tendulkar Monday endorsed an initiative 'Support My School'.
MELBOURNE - India's Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi moved into the men's doubles quarterfinals while it was the end of the road for compatriot Rohan Bopanna and his Pakistani partner Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi in the Australian Open tennis tournament here Monday.
NEW DELHI/RANCHI - The government Monday sacked Commonwealth Games Organising Committee (OC) chairman Suresh Kalmadi and secretary-general Lalit Bhanot following concerns by the Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) that they were hindering the "impartial investigation" into the allegations of financial irregularities in holding the sporting event last year.
RANCHI - Sacked by the government as chairman of the Commonwealth Games Organising Committee, Suresh Kalmadi said Monday that he is ready for any probe and would continue being the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- Nadal through to Oz Open quarter-finals
- Pak female players to play in Fed Cup after gap of 12 years
- Brits rejecting mournful funerals in favour of pop songs
- Delay in naming captain will hamper Pakistan’s chances: Inzamam
- CWG scam: Kalmadi removed as Organising Committee Chairman
- Bicycle thieves target Australian Open
- ‘Tottenham has lost credibility in bid to gain Olympics stadium’
- Kalmadi, Bhanot sacked from CWG Organising Committee (Second Lead)
- Coe backs West Ham’s bid to retain 2012 Olympics stadium
- Zvonareva, Kvitova sail into quarter-finals of Australian Open
- No ill feelings despite Oz World Cup snub, says Hopes
- Soderling crashes out of Australian Open, Murray, Ferrer through to quarters
- Oz selectors wrong to overlook Hopes in World Cup squad: Bracken
- Martina McBride: Steelers’ Lucky Charm?
- Yusuf Pathan Century Goes In Vain
- Sky Sport’s presenters forced to apologise over ’sexist comments’ during football match
- David Hussey hopes England ODI series ‘kick-starts’ his career
- Clarke ‘trying too hard with his batting’: David Hussey
- Man U denies it has received a bid offer from Qatar
- Bennett happy to find his way as change bowler
- Pittsburgh Steelers VS New York Jets 2011 AFC Results
- Teen Tomic has embarrassed Nadal, says Laver
- Petkovic says bet with coach triggered unique post-match ‘Petko Dance’
- Oz Open: Federer is still blowing hot and cold
- Aussies should stop worrying about captaincy, focus on creating good team: Roebuck
- Hauritz to use Warne’s recovery as motivation to return for World Cup
- Stranded Everest heroes rescued in Nepal
- Feud derailing South Africa’s World Cup hopes
- New Zealand completely outplayed Pak in Wellington ODI: Waqar
- Tyson’s love for pigeons mirrors Brando’s ‘Waterfront’ boxer character
- Senior Pak cricketers ‘either fade away or are made to fade away’: Yousuf
- Doctor who helped Pele father twins on run after sexually assault, rape convictions
- Misbah ideal man to lead Pak in World Cup, says Salman Butt
- Paes-Bhupathi in Australian Open quarterfinals
- Jay Cutler Injury Adds Woes To Bears