UNITED NATIONS - Rivals of the field, Indian cricket opener Virender Sehwag and Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara are batting together against a common enemy in a United Nations-backed campaign to fight HIV/AIDS.
ROME - Palermo beat Parma 5-4 after a penalty shoot-out Tuesday to secure a berth in the semi-finals of the Italian Cup.
LONDON - A 3-0 win Tuesday over Championship side Ipswich Town secured Arsenal their place in the Carling Cup final.
ROME - Serie A front-runners AC Milan beat lowly Cesena 2-0 late Sunday to resume winning after two draws and set a four-point buffer from pursuers Napoli.
MADRID - Sunday brought tight home wins in the Spanish Liga for Real Madrid and Villarreal, the two teams pursuing runaway leaders Barcelona.
- Japan beat South Korea to reach Asian Cup final
- We need to tap cricketing talents in schools: Rajiv Shukla
- Padma Shri will motivate me for London Olympics, says Gagan Narang
- ICC team wants Eden garden work to be completed by Jan 31
- Laxman thanks parents and uncle for Padma Shri
- Padma Shri award a respect for athletics: Krishna Poonia
- Kirsten’s exit will a big loss for India: Akram
- My Padma Shri will inspire young wrestlers: Sushil Kumar
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties
- Laxman, Narang, Sushil conferred Padma Shri
- World Cup venues will ready in time: Shetty
- Federer rolls Stan as Wozniacki survives scare in Melbourne
- Himachal honours its Asiad, CWG medallists
- Oz Open: Schiavone loses to Denmark’s Wozniacki in quarter-finals
- Greg Chappell reposes faith in Clarke
- Pak drops Akhtar, Shafiq from second ODI against NZ, four players dope tested
- Kirsten has done wonders to my game: Gambhir
- Britain’s gay squash club given 6,500 pounds grants to encourage lesbians to take up sport
- Injured Swann opts out of Australia ODIs, to be fit by World Cup
- Pakistan hockey eyeing a podium finish in London Olympics
- Mark Sanchez Picks Nose, In Public View
- Caroline Wozniacki Defeats Francesca Schiavone
- Anderson played Ashes in Australia with back pain
- Newcastle FC owner gambles away 970K quid at a casino
- Suspended Aamer features in practice match
- Inzamam blasts PCB for dividing Pak team into Afridi and Misbah camps
- Oz eves reclaim Ashes on one-off Sydney Test
- Committee deciding on Olympic Stadium bid says it needs more time
- Jharkhand swimmers practise on the ground!
- Australian Open: Federer rolls Stan as Wozniacki survives scare
- Sky Sports presenter apologises for UK soccer sexism row
- Barca ready to sell full back Alves to Man City, says Cruyff
- Rocking Roo will strike for Man U against Blackpool: Veteran Giggs
- Ratings prove one-day international cricket isn’t dead yet
- Oz selectors delighted with Lee’s form going into World Cup
- Clarke has till end of World Cup to regain form: Greg Chappell
- Farrel’s hattrick helps Oz eves close in on the Ashes
- Federer crushes Wawrinka, enters Oz Open semi-final for eighth time
- Twitter posts not helping Clarke’s public image
- China’s Li Na ousts Germany’s Petkovic to enter Oz Open semi-finals
- Injured Swann to return to England
- Coach Wright prioritises results for Black Caps
- Stafon Johnson Sues USC