MUMBAI - The Ranji Trophy, beginning Monday, will see some keen tussles in the first round with two-time defending champions Mumbai taking on Saurashtra in the Elite Group Super League here.
MUMBAI - Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, wrestler Sushil Kumar and weightlifter M C Mary Kom were presented the 'Cricketer of the Year', 'Sportsman of the Year' and 'Sportswoman of the Year' awards, respectively here at the Sahara Indian Sports Awards 2010 function.
NEW DELHI - Churchill Brothers downed Army Red 3-1 to advance to the semi-finals while Pune FC and Chirag united played out a goalless draw in the other quarter-final of the Durand Cup football here Sunday.
NEW DELHI - The Ranji Trophy season opener Super league tie between Delhi and Bengal here Monday holds promise of an exciting fare with two well-balanced sides fighting it out on a pitch that is serving a one-year ban on hosting international matches since January.
LONDON - Manchester United legend George Best wanted to work on writing fictional and detective stories, his biographer Graeme Wright has revealed. right, who became a friend and confidante of the football icon, said that Best was keen to show his critics he was more than a fast-living playboy.
- 7407 Man U fans part with their cash to pay Rooney’s weekly pay
- Ashes series in Australia, World Cup to test England team’s abilities: Collingwood
- England may use Swann to test Aussie patience levels during Ashes: Arthur
- Smith’s approach to cricket inspires Oz spinner O’Keefe
- ICC rejects Salman Butt and Mohammad Amir’s appeals against suspensions
- Tamil Nadu start favourites in opening Ranji tie against Assam
- Lee-Ann paces herself for Indian Open golf with Suzhou title
- ICC rejects Butt, Aamer appeals against suspension
- Pakistan cricket team no more a crowd-puller: Sohail
- Chelsea must improve performance to maintain Premier League top spot: Ancelotti
- Man U will not raid January transfer market: Ferguson
- ‘Skilful’ Broad, the biggest threat to Australia during Ashes: Adams
- ‘Pak cricket going through serious tough time’: Waqar Younis
- Mortimer vows to walk the plank if Black Caps crash
- Intikhab refutes reports of Pak players being confined to hotel rooms in UAE
- Brett Lee hopes for a World Cup comeback
- India may find going tough at Asian Games
- Karthikeyan ends up 15th in NASCAR race after pile-up
- ‘We are not in the business of targeting the Aussies’ says Strauss
- Coleen Rooney’s bikini parade on �30k holiday in Dubai
- Cricket Australia to focus on luring women, kids to Big Bash 20-20 cricket
- Don’t kill off T20 golden goose, says Oz players’ body chief
- WAGs’ support is a ‘great kind of boost for England side’: Strauss
- ‘Struggling’ Afridi turns butcher to rake in moolah?
- Strauss expects ‘outstanding player’ Pietersen to shine during Ashes series
- Strauss wants team not individual effort from England players
- Unbeaten home record won’t make Aussies complacent against Lankans: Clarke
- England will feel Ashes statistical heat
- ‘Consistent’ Arsenal can win Premier League title: Wenger
- Ancelotti relieved after late goal seals Chelsea win
- “I don’t see suspensions against Salman, Aamer being removed at this hearing”: Tauqir
- Ex-Oz PM Howard takes a dig at BCCI, says subcontinental cricket has problems
- Ex-Oz PM Howard says Ponting best Australian batsman since Bradman
- Twenty20 has come as a boon, not a curse for spinners: Ex-Victoria stumper
- Must improve Twenty20 performances to avoid selectors gun: Clarke
- Verdict on appeals of Salman, Aamer against their suspensions by ICC expected today
- Team India to focus on upcoming series against Kiwis: Tendulkar
- Strauss vows to ‘grind Australia down’ to retain Ashes
- Russian World Cup bid denies latest allegations
- Ronaldo, Messi lead Spanish twin giants to impressive wins
- Haryana’s Rs.37.5 lakh award for Hyderabad boy Gagan Narang