MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Olympic Committee resigned on Wednesday in the wake of the nation's worst performance at the Winter Games, news agencies said, citing the committee's spokesman.
MOSCOW - The head of the Russian Olympic Committee resigned Wednesday in the wake of the traditional powerhouse's worst performance at the Winter Games, news agencies reported.
MOSCOW - Russian news agencies say the head of the nation's Olympic Committee has resigned in the wake of Russia's worst performance at the Winter Games.
Vancouver (GaeaTimes.com) The 2010 Winter Olympics at Vancouver have now come to an end and all the 258 medals were presented to the winners from 25 participating countries.
WASHINGTON - Although disappointed that he was unable to lead Russia to a medal in Olympic hockey, Alex Ovechkin says Canada deserved to take home the gold.
- Vancouver atmosphere will be tough to match
- Medvedev demands resignations over Olympic flop
- Canada in frenzy after hockey gold asWinter Olympics end
- AP Top Olympic News At 9:52 p.m. EST
- 60,000 attend Winter Olympics closing ceremony
- Organizers seek upbeat end to bittersweet Olympics
- Crosby's golden goal caps Canada's Olympics
- Crosby's goal wins gold, Canada beats US 3-2 in OT
- US, Canada shine atop Winter Games medals tables
- Final day in Vancouver all about hockey
- Surprising success bodes well for South Korea
- Fans play hockey near arena to 'calm our nerves'
- With Miller, Vonn leading the way, US rules Alpine
- US sets medals record, Canada ties gold record
- Canadian men defeat Norway to take curling gold
- Canadian men defeat Norway to win curling gold
- US sets medals record, Canada eyes gold record
- Canada wins gold chase at Vancouver Games
- 'Night Train' gives US 1st 4-man gold since 1948
- Canada's Olympic gold rush breaks 2 records
- Poland's Kowalczyk wins women's 30K cross-country
- Skier's death returns spotlight to Squaw Valley
- Bode out in slalom; US medal quest in home stretch
- Cheryl Bernard Swimsuit Photos: Are They Real?
- US breaks medal record; hockey team in gold game
- US matches medal record; hockey team in gold game
- Sweden wins 2nd straight gold in women's curling
- Maria Riesch wins gold in Olympic slalom
- Sauerbreij slides through slush for Olympic gold
- Bjoerndalen an Olympic champion again for Norway
- Maria Riesch leads slalom as Lindsey Vonn goes out
- White House official loses game, bet and shirt
- Olympic Medal Standings 2010
- Scotty Lago Party Pics Controversy
- All hail 'Queen Yu-na,' Olympic skating champion