Murray not to play tennis for two months after Oz Open lossBy ANI
Monday, January 31, 2011
MELBOURNE - British tennis champion Andy Murray has said that he not play the sport for the next two months following his thrashing in the Australian Open final.
“I might not play for a few months. I might feel like playing in a week’s time, it depends. I’ll see how I feel,” The Sun quoted Murray, as saying after losing to Slovak Noval Djokovic on Sunday in straight sets 6-4 6-2 6-3.
The Scottish ace said: “I look at the tournament as a whole and it was excellent. I don’t think anyone would say reaching a Slam final is bad. It’s a very, very good achievement. It’s better than it was last year, when I lost to Roger Federer.”
He added: “It was obviously tough and disappointing but I have to deal with it. Novak played unbelievably well. Now, I am looking forward to going home and leading a normal life for a bit. Obviously, right now there’s disappointment because I’ve just lost.”
Murray, 23, has now been battered in straight sets in all three of his Grand Slam final appearances. (ANI)