NEW DELHI - Amid charges of corruption, the organising committee of the 2010 Commonwealth Games Wednesday issued full page advertisements in leading newspapers about its budget and expenditure in conducting the event, avowedly to "reveal facts" in "public interest".
CHANDIGARH - Facing resentment of players over being payed much lesser amounts than their counterparts in Haryana, the Punjab government Thursday hiked the prize money for the Commonwealth Games medallists from the state.
MUMBAI, INDIA (GaeaTimes.com)- Indian tennis ace Leander Paes is all set to appear on the 'Diwali' special episode of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' and with the spoilers doing the rounds on the web, it is evident that the sports star is a die hard fan of the Big B.
NEW DELHI - A two-member committee set up to probe the collapse of the foot overbridge (FOB) near the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium Sep 21 submitted its report Tuesday, saying that no sub-standard material was used in the construction.
CHANDIGARH - Opposition Indian National Lok Dal (INLD) Saturday accused the Congress-led Haryana government of trying to take undue political mileage from a function planned for Commonwealth Games (CWG) medallists from the state.
- Cash, cars, mobile phones, ghee - Haryana CWG winners take it all!
- Canada says athlete contracted dengue in Delhi
- Delhi ready for CWG probe, says Dikshit
- Capital takes first step towards safeguarding CWG legacy
- Shunglu panel may move into new office Wednesday
- Commonwealth Games Woes Continue Unabated
- Wide-ranging scope for Shunglu panel; Consul second member (Second Lead)
- Shantanu Consul is new member of CWG probe committee
- Shunglu panel prepares for first meeting
- NDMC denies CVC charges on CWG venues
- Shunglu meets PM, discusses CWG probe
- MCD orders internal inquiry in CWG projects
- No regrets over missing two medals: Gagan Narang
- Nine Australian sports stars fail drug tests
- Nigerian athletes go gaga over Indian medical services
- CWG irregularities: BJP activists protest in Delhi
- Haryana to honour shooter Gagan Narang too
- Jaipal defends DDA’s bailout package for Emaar MGF
- After medallists, Haryana to reward CWG participants as well
- Games venues can now hold future extravaganzas, says Selja
- CWG irregularities: Delhi chief secretary meets officials
- Dikshit should be removed or resign for CWG corruption, says BJP
- Emaar-MGF under scanner, ED may summon Bhanot (Roundup)
- Emaar-MGF denies bank guarantee confiscated by DDA
- Delhi plans maintenance wing to protect Games infrastructure
- CAG team to visit Delhi Secretariat Thursday for probe
- Emaar-MGF’s Rs.183-cr bank guarantee confiscated
- Indian boxers want to be educated on perils of doping
- First phase of Bihar elections (Factfile)
- I am made political scapegoat, says BJP’s Sudhanshu Mittal
- Kalmadi asks Dikshit to set ‘house in order’
- BJP demands graft probe, says PMO snctioned Games projects
- Kalmadi again slams Dikshit
- Gadkari allegations diversionary tactics, says Congress
- BJP, Congress spar over Games, Kalmadi attacks Dikshit