ZURICH - Football's governing body FIFA is looking into the transfer of South Korea international Koo Ja Cheol to VfL Wolfsburg by request of the Swiss federation which says a Swiss club had an earlier contract with the player.
ZURICH - China led the way with 22 matches as women's national teams played a record 512 football internationals in 2010, the ruling body FIFA said Friday.
ZURICH - Barcelona's Argentine forward Lionel Messi was Monday named winner of the FIFA Ballon d'Or award.
ZURICH - Joseph Blatter has said he will embark on a global tour before seeking a fourth term as president of the ruling football body FIFA next June.
ZURICH - Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will be hoping to duplicate the runaway success of their Tuesday night exhibition in Zurich in which more than 2.5 million dollars was raised for the Swiss player's personal foundation.
- Federer, Nadal ready to rally for charity next week
- Russia to host 2018 World Cup, Qatar wins 2022 bid
- Qatar to host 2022 FIFA World Cup
- Russia to host 2018 World Cup
- FIFA suspends Nigeria for government interference
- FIFA to study scrapping extra-time at World Cup
- FIFA hails Spain, overlooks referee errors at WCup
- Wariner sets world's fastest 400 time this year
- Netherlands, Spain fined for WCup final behavior
- Bolt, Gay to race in 4x100 relay at Zurich
- Spain No. 1 in FIFA rankings, Dutch move to No. 2
- Spain back on top of FIFA rankings
- Switzerland looking to rebound in World Cup (Group H team profile)
- FIFA bans Egypt soccer team from 2 Cairo games
- FIFA bans Egypt from Cairo for 2 World Cup matches
- FIFA extends trials with 5 game officials
- Bocanegra ready for World Cup after injury scare
- Beckham wants to help coach England at World Cup
- World Cup 2018, 2022 hosting race heats up at FIFA
- WCup bidders to hand over hosting books to FIFA
- Police hoping to avoid Obama World Cup challenge
- Bohn wins Zurich Classic 1 day after 37th birthday
- Bohn wins Zurich Classic by 2 strokes
- Bohn leads weather-plagued Zurich Classic
- Bohn keeps lead after 2nd round of Zurich Classic
- FIFA president still hopes Mandela opens World Cup
- Bohn shoots 65 to take Zurich Classic lead
- Early rounds advantage on first day
- FIFA dress code bars Iran girls from Youth Games
- FIFA says Indonesia out of 2022 World Cup race
- FIFA lifts Iraq's ban from international soccer
- Blatter confident in SAfrica WCup security plans
- Germany, England, Greece move up FIFA rankings
- McEnroe says Federer is best men's player ever
- Cuche defiant about Olympics despite broken thumb